Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: She's the First - Advocacy intern
Organization Name: She's the First
Internship Role: Advocacy Intern
Location: 590 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10011
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization: She’s the First, an award-winning global nonprofit organization, fights for a world where every girl chooses her own future. We team up with local organizations to make sure girls are educated, respected, and heard. We find, fund, and support locally-led solutions that not only educate and empower girls but also build up the communities where they are able to flourish.
About the Advocacy Intern Position:
The She’s the First Advocacy Intern will be directly assisting the Programs Manager with creating inclusive and culturally sensitive resources for girls. This intern will have a direct impact on resources for the She’s the First community and an important hand in creating girls’ rights related content. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Brainstorming, researching and creating materials for girls, NGOs, and STF partners
· Supporting girl-centered curriculum development by resource creation and database management
· Cultivating relationships with our external stakeholders, including girls and NGO partners
· Expanding the Global Awareness Program Curriculum by creating a new curriculum element
· Keeping the STF staff informed about planning progress
· Being an excellent brand ambassador
Preferred Skills: We are looking for a candidate that has the following:
· A diligent researcher who makes keeping up with global issues part of their daily routine and brings the skills to organize communities IRL for a common cause.
· Discipline and drive to thrive in a start-up environment; no task is too small for you; no challenge is too intimidating.
· You focus on goals & tasks at hand but also think ahead to anticipate needs & multitask.
· Keeps projects on track with effective to-do lists & deadlines. Always follows up.
· Passion for girls’ and women’s rights and/or international development.
· Has excellent Google Apps, email and social media skills.