Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: Hudson River Park Friends - Digital Marketing Intern
Organization Name: Hudson River Park Friends
Internship Role: Digital Marketing Intern
Location: Hudson River Park, New York NY
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization: Hudson River Park Friends is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the completion, care, and enhancement of Hudson River Park on Manhattan's west side between Chambers St. and W 59th St., and is the designated fundraising and advocacy partner for Hudson River Park.
Hudson River Park is 4+ miles of parkland, piers and bike and pedestrian paths encompassing 150 acres of land and piers and 400 acres of NYS designated marine sanctuary. Friends creates opportunities for private contributions to Park gardens and landscapes, environmental and sustainability programs, STEM-based public education, volunteerism, and community participation in the Park's operations and growth. Friends helps to guarantee the Park’s future as a world-class public amenity for generations of New Yorkers, Americans and visitors from around the world.
With the final 80% of Hudson River Park now in design and construction, and with major groundbreakings and pier openings slated for 2021, now is an exciting time to be a part of Hudson River Park and Friends.
About the Digital Marketing Intern Position:
The Digital Marketing Intern supports Hudson River Park’s Communications & Marketing team. The intern would play an active role in digital efforts on web, social media and email as this team engages the public on the importance of the park in the community and its many offerings and activities.
This Internship offers ample opportunity to make a creative impact, take part in strategic conversations and build digital marketing skills while enjoying a unique inside view into the operations of a key NYC public space. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Digital Content Development
· Work with Communications & Marketing team to develop, write copy for and execute Social Media campaigns across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
· Cover public cultural and educational events on social media (virtually or otherwise)
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop compelling blog content
· Ideal candidate may also build video assets for Park digital channels
· Undertake keyword research to inform SEO strategy and paid search campaigns
Analytics and Strategy
· Track email marketing analytics and social media growth and engagement
· Report on growth analysis, assisting Communications & Marketing team with making strategic, data-driven decisions
· Competitor Analysis – track other NYC Parks on a weekly basis to help the team understand the comparative digital conversation around HRPK
· Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Understanding and experience with social media platforms
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Video editing experience a plus
· Knowledge of Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and CMS experience a plus
· Professional experience with Social Media platforms and engaging online communities a plus
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is:
· Highly organized, creative, detail oriented, proactive and able to work with a team to accomplish project goals
· Interested in growing skills in digital marketing, with a passion for digital storytelling
· Interested in the nonprofit space, particularly in urban public spaces and/or environmental initiatives