Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: Global Policy Forum - Programme Intern
Organization Name: Global Policy Forum
Internship Role: Program Intern
Location: 205 East 42nd St, 20th Fl. NY, NY 10017
On-site/ Remote: Remote (possible in-person event, pending UN/COVID guidelines)
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization: Global Policy Forum is an international non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting accountability and supporting informed participation of civil society organizations in the monitoring and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Financing for Development and UN reform processes.
About the Program Intern Position:
This dynamic internship position will support a number of projects and tasks leading up to the annual High Level Political Forum in July 2021 as well as provide support to the GPF team in the following ways:
· Monitor deliberations and negotiations at the United Nations related to Agenda 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals, Financing for Development and the Reform of the United Nations (UN).
· Attend formal and informal sessions at the UN headquarters in NY, meet with diplomats and UN officials to inform civil society organizations (CSOs), taking detailed notes and compiling briefing summaries
· Support Global Policy Forum’s annual side events during the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) in July through logistical support, planning and reporting
· Share relevant meeting outcomes, upcoming meetings etc. for advocacy purposes. This includes drafting messages for the Social Watch Network through Global Policy Forum’s joint project, Global Policy Watch. This project aims to equip local and grassroots civil society organizations with information from the United Nations to better engage in advocacy efforts at the local and national level
· Support on/write articles and notes to be distributed on the Global Policy Forum/Global Policy Watch website and social media channels
· Support fundraising efforts by developing issue area one-pages for the various issues Global Policy Forum works on
· Conduct extensive research projects on specific issues and/or UN processes ahead of the UN General Assembly meetings in September
Applicants interested in filling this internship position should possess the following skills:
· Strong knowledge of the United Nations and its procedures and policy processes
· Quick and accurate note-taking, capturing meeting notes in a transcription-style
· Ability to work independently and make decisions quickly when direction is not available
· Strong writing and research skills, with an ability to digest complex and technical information
The ideal candidate may have academic background in the area(s) of human rights, international law and international politics and should share an interest in international policymaking and the United Nations.