Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: WaterAid America - Summer Philanthropy Intern
Organization Name: WaterAid America
Internship Role: Summer Philanthropy Intern
Location: 233 Broadway Room 2705 New York, NY 10279
On-site/ Hybrid/Remote: Remote
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization: WaterAid started in 1981 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, reliable toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since March 2020 we have scaled up our work in 30+ countries to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic. This rapid-response work, building on our strong track record in providing critical water infrastructure, is how people can change their lives for good.
Summer Philanthropy Intern, WaterAid America:
WaterAid America’s NYC-based Philanthropy Team works with a growing portfolio of individual donors and family foundations. Our goal is to secure funds for our global programs which provide access to water, sanitation, and hygiene education. We are seeking an enthusiastic, diligent, and self-motivated individual to help cultivate and grow our portfolio of supporters.
An internship at WaterAid will provide you with hands-on development experience and a strong understanding of our work. You will you learn about international development from one of the world’s leading non-profits, while helping to bring lifesaving resources to vulnerable communities worldwide.
· Assist the Philanthropy Team with cultivation of donors and prospects to build partnerships and raise funds for WaterAid’s work.
· Draft and disseminate high-level communications for supporters, profiling stories from the field.
· Assist with grant management including drafting and editing proposals, renewals, and reports.
· Carry-out prospect research on current and prospective high-level supporters.
· Contribute to the development of strategic, creative and innovative ways to strengthen relationships with high-level supporters.
· Assist the Philanthropic Engagement Officer and Philanthropy Coordinator with the Choose a Challenge adventure travel program, supporting several college students with virtual fundraising by:
- Drafting monthly email updates with stories from the field and fundraising highlights and tips.
- Coordinating the dissemination of fundraising materials.
- Providing preparation materials and support for the team on check-in calls with each student.
- Support the planning and execution of WaterAid’s annual Thank-A-Thon, virtual events and other special projects as needed.
· Professional and personable demeanor with a willingness to take initiative, an aptitude for learning, and a desire to grow.
· Genuine interest in the non-profit sector, relationship building, and international development.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Takes initiative and work well on a team and independently.
· Is a strategic, creative, and analytical thinker and doer.
· Has a sharp attention for detail and superb organizational skills.