Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: Latino u College Access - Program Intern
Organization Name: Latino U College Access, Inc.
Internship Role: Program Intern
Location: 75 Virginia Road, 2nd Fl., White Plains, NY 10603
On-site/ Hybrid/ Remote: Hybrid
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization: Latino U College Access (LUCA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Westchester County that transforms lives by making college dreams a reality for Latinx students who are the first in their family to enroll in and graduate from college. The organization seeks to advance educational equity by providing college preparatory resources across economic levels to ensure students have the opportunity to fulfill their academic and life potential. LUCA is committed to increasing the quality and intensity of support that high-potential, low-income students receive to apply, enter, and succeed in college.
Program Intern, Latino U College Access, Inc.
The Program Intern will will wear many hats, supporting multiple areas of our programming through content creation, client engagement, event planning and operational support on a day to day basis. This experience is aimed towards providing the intern with comprehensive knowledge and experience working with a non-profit that is actively addressing issues of education equity and access for high achieving, low-income Latino youth and a wide range of skills in nonprofit development and communications by working in collaboration with Latino U staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Contribute to LUCA’s college access and success programs by directly supporting staff in all aspects of program implementation, Scholar outreach, and family engagement
· Assist with the preparation of materials for events including flyers, handouts, registration and attendance lists, and other event-specific supplies
· Contact students and families by phone, text, and/or email to request information and track responses
· Manage set-up for summer programs and events including attendance, distribution of materials, and program evaluations
· Provide additional administrative and operational support as requested
· Passion for LUCA’s mission and the students served
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively represent the organization when communicating with diverse groups of partners and constituents
· A high level of computer fluency and proficiency in Google Drive (especially Google Docs and Google Sheets)
· Detail oriented and capable of accomplishing tasks with a high degree of accuracy
· Capable of multitasking and adapting to different roles as necessary
· Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
The ideal candidate may have prior work experience or is pursuing an academic degree in education, social work, non-profit management, business or public policy. The candidate should be energetic and hard working with an entrepreneurial spirit, bilingual speakers (english/spanish) preferred though not a requirement.