Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: America Needs You, Program Operations Intern
Organization Name: America Needs You
Internship Role: Program Operations Intern
Location: 260 W 39th St #701, New York, NY 10018
On-site/ Hybrid/Remote: Remote
Length of Internship: 35hrs/week for 8 weeks (280 hours total)
Compensation: $16.00/hour - total of $4,480.00
About the Organization:
America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California. The ANY Fellows Program is an intensive two-year program for high-achieving, low-income, first-generation college students. The program has four components: intensive career development, one-on-one mentorship, robust networks and holistic support.
Program Operations Intern, America Needs You:
America Needs You is seeking a Program Operations Intern that will work closely with a number of areas and constituents in a fast paced environment to support a number of program operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Support annual revision and improvement of workshop curriculum.
· Support recruitment, tracking of outcomes, and alumni programming.
· Conduct research into current trends in career development, alumni services, volunteer recruitment, and mentoring.
· Participate in individual case meetings with Fellows and Mentor coaches to develop a deeper understanding of program impact.
· Utilize and improve tools and mechanisms for tracking progress against goals.
· Assist with preparation of ANY’s internal program of training and professional development for staff.
· Present a long-term project to all staff at the conclusion of the internship.
· Excellent communications and writing skills
· Excellent time management skills and experience working in deadline-driven environments
· Ability to multitask and a high level of organization
· Strong interest in nonprofit operations and educational equity
The ideal candidate is committed to ANY’s mission of supporting ambitious, first-generation college students. This candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to quickly pivot whenever necessary.